Our payment partners are Dan.com and Escrow.com. Escrow.com is a third-party escrow service that protects both buyers and sellers in a transaction and holds the buyer's payment until the domain is transferred from the seller to the buyer. Registering with Escrow.com is quick and free to set up.
Here's a step-by-step example of the entire cycle of a domain purchase using Escrow.com:
1. The buyer and seller agree to terms. Both parties are registered with Escrow.com and agree to the sale price and the domain name.
2. The buyer pays Escrow.com (via credit card, wire, etc.)
3. Once the funds are verified and secured, Escrow.com instructs the seller to transfer the domain.
4. Seller transfers the domain to the buyer's registrar (e.g. Godaddy)
5. Buyer receives the domain in his account and confirms to Escrow.com that he has received it.
6. Escrow.com disburses the money to the seller.